White Cheddar Chicken Chile Verde Skillet
Imported White Cheddar adds creamy goodness to this easy and comforting skillet.
- 1 can 15 oz. creamed corn
- 1 cup fresh yellow corn kernels
- 1 pkg. 7 oz. yellow cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh pico de gallo divided
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 can 4 oz. green chilies, diced
- 1 1/2 cup Imported Sharp White Cheddar shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix creamed corn, cornbread mix, sour cream, egg and ½ cup pico de gallo in a medium bowl. Set aside. Place 1 tsp oil in bottom of 12” cast iron or oven proof skillet and use it to brown ground chicken breast, celery and onions. Drain any excess juices.
- Mix the diced green chiles and remaining pico de gallo into the chicken mixture in skillet. Top with 1 cup of cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top skillet with corn mixture and sprinkle the top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes until golden. Remove and let rest for 5-7 minutes before serving in wedges.
- Serves 6