Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with imported Gruyere, Cherry, & Candied Pecan
Give your basic sweet potatoes a holiday glow-up with the addition of rich, nutty imported Gruyere! This easy side dish is sure to get wows from your friends and family.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed, pricked w a fork
- 4 TB butter
- 2 cups grated imported Gruyere divided
- 2 tsp rosemary divided
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place potatoes on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool until cool enough to handle.
- Halve sweet potatoes completely and scoop out flesh into a large bowl. Add butter and salt and pepper to taste. Beat until completely smooth. Fold in 1 cup gruyere and 1 tsp rosemary. Spoon mixture back into sweet potato shells and place on a baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup grated gruyere and place back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt. Serve topped with additional chopped rosemary, cherries, and pecans.