Stuffed Potatoes with Spinach & Emmentaler
Creamy potatoes stuffed with warm spinach and melted imported Emmentaler cheese. They make a great side to any main dish.
- 8 large potatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 17 oz frozen spinach defrosted and drained well
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 7 oz Imported Emmentaler AOP cheese grated
- 14 oz sour cream
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Cook the potatoes in their skins for approx 40 minutes until soft, then leave to cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add spinach and cook until soft. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Halve potatoes and spoon out some of the center. Mash the spooned potato with a fork, mix with 1/2 the grated cheese, 1/2 the sour cream, spinach mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato halves with mixture, place in an oven safe baking dish lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook in the middle of the hot oven for approx 15-20 minutes.
- Dollop with extra sour cream before serving.