Shoepeg Corn and Imported White Cheddar Dip
Sweet, tender, white shoepeg corn adds the perfect bite and texture to this creamy, queso like dip featuring sharp imported White Cheddar Cheese. Serve it at your next gathering with corn chips or veggies for a fun summery twist on a classic cheese dip.
- 1 TB butter
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 poblano pepper minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 16 oz fresh or frozen/defrosted shoepeg corn ~2 ½ cups
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne
- 12 oz mascarpone
- 3 cups grated imported White Cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions and basil for garnish
- Tortilla chips or veggies for serving
- Melt butter in a medium 9” skillet over medium heat. Add onion, poblano, and salt and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add corn and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne and cook for 1 minute. Stir in mascarpone and cheddar and reduce heat to low. Stir until creamy and fully blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature garnished with scallions and basil.