Mushroom, Spinach and Goat Cheese Crepes
These savory mushroom and spinach crepes with creamy Imported Goat Cheese and tangy Pecorino Romano cheese, really elevate weeknight suppers. Served them with a side salad.
For the crepes:
- 2 cups cold milk
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp melted butter
For the filling:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz pkg white button mushrooms or crimini’s sliced
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme and parsley chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 oz Imported Goat Cheese log crumbled
- ¼ cup Imported Pecorino Romano cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- For crepes: Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until mixture is smooth and has no lumps. Cover and let rest for 1 hour. Spray a crepe pan or a medium, non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and swirl batter around the pan until it coats the bottom of pan completely. Cook about 1 minute, flip gently with spatula and brown the other side. Remove from heat, stack crepes on a plate and set aside.
- For filling: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallot and sauté about 2 minutes. Add garlic and herbs and cook until fragrant. Add white wine and cook until reduced slightly. Add spinach leaves, sauté until wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat, immediately stir in Imported Goat Cheese and Imported Pecorino Romano cheeses and stir until cheese slightly melts and forms a sauce. Spoon equal portions of mixture into each crepe and roll. Place crepes into a lightly buttered baking dish and place in oven to warm through.
It takes a little practice to make a good crepe. So, consider the first one a 'practice crepe,' and don't worry if it's too brown or not round enough. The second one is usually a winner.