Roasted Rainbow Beet Salad with imported Stilton
Enjoy beautiful rainbow beets in this fun twist on a classic salad! Rich, creamy, crumbled imported Stilton has a mild crowd-pleasing blue cheese flavor that perfectly complements the beets’ earthiness. Serve it crumbled on top or in the center of the platter for a pretty look.
- 6 small-medium sized mixed beets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 cups arugula or baby greens
- 4 oz block imported Stilton
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 minced shallot
- 3 TB chopped pistachios
- Optional fresh mint chives, or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking pan with foil. Scrub beets and remove any greens or long stems. Drizzle beets with 1 TB olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap each beet individually in foil, place on prepared pan, and roast for 30-40 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool and use the foil wrapping to rub beets and easily remove the skins. Slice into rounds or half circles depending on size.
- Whisk together remaining 3TB olive oil, vinegar, honey, shallot, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt and a pinch of pepper. Arrange greens and beets on a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette. Place imported Stilton cheese in the center, lightly crumble and scatter over beets. Garnish with pistachios and optional herbs and enjoy!