Roasted Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with imported Manchego
Meet your new favorite standout side dish! Crispy slices of roasted sweet potato are stuffed with nutty & rich imported Manchego cheese from Spain. Pair these beauties with roasted meats or holiday ham and prepare for raves!
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes scrubbed
- 2 TB butter melted
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 oz imported Manchego cheese shredded
- 2 TB chopped scallion
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees and line a baking pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray. Thinly slice potatoes horizontally without cutting through the bottom. (Tip! Place two chopsticks or wooden spoons on either side of the potato on the cutting board as you slice to avoid slicing all the way through.) Place potatoes on prepared pan.
- Mix together melted butter and olive oil in a small bowl and brush about half on potatoes. Season with 1/4 tsp kosher salt and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and gently separate potato slices with a spatula or dish towel. Brush with remaining butter mixture and season with remaining 1/4 tsp kosher salt, cumin, and smoked paprika. Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes or until well browned and fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and stuff between potato slices with shredded cheese, topping with remaining cheese. Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese, top with scallions, and serve.