Roasted Beet and Tangerine Salad with Imported Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts and Honey Citrus Dressing
Tangy Imported Goat cheese and sweet tangerines add fresh flavors to this light summery salad. Serve as a side salad or add grilled shrimp or fish for an entree.
- 4 medium beets
- 2 tangerines peeled and sliced
- 1 8 oz log of fresh Imported Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- 10 oz fresh Mesclun salad greens
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place beets on a large piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap tightly and place on a baking sheet. Cook for approximately 45 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, rub skins off with paper towels. Slice.
- Place pine nuts in a dry sauté pan on low heat. Toast for approximately 5 minutes, until fragrant and just browned.
- For dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing emulsifies.
- Divide greens between 4 plates. Layer with beets and tangerines. Sprinkle with crumbled Imported Goat Cheese and pine nuts, drizzle with dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves 4