Quinoa, Beet & Cabrales Bowls with Shrimp
Imported Cabrales cheese pairs perfectly with beets, avocado, and sherry vinaigrette over quinoa. Perfect for a speedy supper or arrange on a platter for a fun party dish!
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb steamed shrimp
- 1 8.8 oz package roasted beets sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- 3 TB sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 3 TB chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup crumbled Imported Cabrales cheese
- Line up 4 bowls and evenly divide quinoa, shrimp, beets, and avocados in individual piles, across bowls. Whisk together sherry vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper and drizzle evenly across bowls. Garnish each with scallions, pistachios, and parsley and top with imported Cabrales.
- Cooking Tip: If you can’t find packaged roasted beets in the produce section it’s easy to make your own! Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Scrub 8 small beets, place on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Seal foil packet and place on a baking sheet. Roast beets for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender. Let cool before slicing.