Pumpkin Bisque with Asiago-Parmesan Toasts
Enjoy the flavors of fall in a comforting bowl with this easy, hearty, riff on your favorite grilled cheese and soup combo. A mix of savory imported cheeses are melted deliciously on crunchy baguette slices for the perfect complement that’s fun for dunking too!
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp chopped sage additional for garnish
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 29 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 slices toasted baguette
- 3/4 cup shredded imported Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded imported Parmesan cheese additional shaved for garnish
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add onion and salt and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Stir in ginger, 1 tsp. sage and pumpkin pie spice and cook for 1 minute. Add pumpkin puree and chicken broth and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes for flavors to blend. Whisk in heavy cream and keep soup warm.
- Combine imported Asiago and Parmesan cheeses in a small bowl. Place sliced baguette on a foil lined baking pan and top evenly with cheese mixture. Place under the broiler in your oven or toaster oven for 2-3 minutes to warm and melt cheese. Top toasts with remaining 1 tsp chopped sage.
- Garnished soup with pumpkin seeds, shaved parmesan and sage. Serve with cheese toasts for dipping.