Portobello Mushroom Sandwich with Gorgonzola Spread
Roasted veggies are topped with our creamy, tangy Imported Gorgonzola cheese sauce and served on hearty bread.
- ½ cup Imported Gorgonzola Cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 44" square focaccia sliced horizontally in half
- 16 whole basil leaves
- Preheat broiler. Make Gorgonzola spread: Combine Imported Gorgonzola and mayonnaise. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Arrange whole peppers on baking sheet and broil until skins are blackened, about 4-5 minutes to allow skins to loose. Wipe or peel off skins and remove seeds, then cut peppers in half.
- Brush mushrooms with olive oil and grill over high heat for 8 minutes or until tender, turning once. Drizzle mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
- Divide greens and arrange on bottom half of each focaccia slices. Top each with mushroom and red and yellow pepper halves. Top with basil leaves and Imported Gorgonzola cheese spread.
- Serves 4