Parmigiano Reggiano Roasted Cherry Tomato and Pine Nut Tarts
Sweet cherry tomatoes and salty Parm top buttery puff pastry. Enjoy this this dish with a side salad salad, lightly dressed with lemon vinaigrette.
- 13 oz Puff pastry, defrosted if frozen
- 2 tbsps Green pesto sauce, prepared
- 3 oz Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 9 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsps Pine nuts
- 1/8 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved for garnish
- 1 beaten egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Cut sheets into 6 rectangles.Place pastry squares onto baking sheet.Spread the inner rectangle of each piece of pastry with a little pesto sauce.Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano on top.Divide the tomato halves between the tarts, then season with salt and pepper.Brush pastry edges with beaten egg, then bake for about 15 minutes.Sprinkle the pine nuts over the tarts then bake for an additional 5 minutes, until the pastry his risen and crisp.Cool for a few minutes, garnish with shavings of Parm, then serve.