Panzanella Salad with Provolone on Gazpacho
Toasted baguette with summer veggies and salty Imported Provolone top this light and fresh summer gazpacho.
- 1 half moon piece of mild Imported Provolone
- 1 small baguette
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 large ripe red tomatoes
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini halved (1 half peeled)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters, dice half the zucchini with skin on, celery, 1 green onion, carrot, half the cucumber and basil. Season with extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper, let sit.
- Cut the bread into ½” cubes, lightly drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven until just toasted.
- Cut the Imported Mild provolone into small bite size cubes. Mix the toasted bread with the cubes of Provolone and the seasoned vegetables. In a blender, or with a hand held blender, blend the large tomatoes, 2 green onions, other half of zucchini with skin removed, ketchup, oil, salt and pepper until it all becomes mixed thoroughly and creamy. Add more olive oil, if necessary.
- Serve the gazpacho on the bottom of a bowl with the panzanella salad on top.
- Serves 4