Orecchiette with Kale, Squash, & Gorgonzola Dolce
This unique pasta side dish features all the flavors of fall with an amazing creamy finish thanks to lightly sweet imported Gorgonzola Dolce! You’ll love it with roast turkey, chicken, or on its own for a fun weeknight dinner.
- 1 TB olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb diced butternut squash
- 4 shallots thickly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 8 oz orecchiette pasta
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup imported Gorgonzola Dolce additional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Toss butternut squash and shallots with 1 tsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Spread evenly across pan and roast for 25-30 minutes or until well browned.
- While vegetables roast, add remaining 2 tsp olive oil to a large soup pot or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat and add garlic, hot pepper flakes, and rosemary. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, add pasta, and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Add kale and continue to stir for 2 more minutes or until broth is absorbed and kale is tender. Stir in roasted vegetables and Gorgonzola Dolce. Fold to combine. Top with additional Gorgonzola Dolce, fresh cracked black pepper, and enjoy!
Tips: This recipe is easily doubled to feed a crowd. You could also add spicy crumbled sausage and sauté with the garlic to make this a main dish.