Mini Muenster & Spring Veggie Frittatas
Imported Muenster cheese pairs deliciously with sauteed leeks and asparagus in this crowd-pleasing and easy recipe.
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cups 1” asparagus pieces
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white and light green parts)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp minced tarragon, additional for garnish
- 18 large eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded imported Muenster cheese
- Coat 6, 10 oz ramekins with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a sauté pan.
- Add asparagus, leeks, ¼ tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in tarragon and divide evenly across prepared ramekins.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Place 3 TB grated cheese in each ramekin, reserving the rest.
- Pour over evenly with egg mixture and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each with 1 TB cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until set in the center.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of each ramekin to remove frittata to a plate or serve in ramekins. Top with optional additional tarragon.