Mini Goat Cheese Cheesecakes with Berry Compote
Serve these elegant individual desserts at your next dinner party and prepare for wows! Rich, creamy imported Goat Cheese pairs deliciously with a simple berry topping for an easy yet impressive treat you can even make ahead!
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 TB unsalted butter melted
- Pinch salt
- 6 oz imported goat cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 TB honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries
- 1 TB sugar
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest optional
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with 6 cupcake liners. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and salt in a small bowl. Divide crumbs evenly across cupcake liners and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake for 5 mins to lightly brown.
- While crust is baking, beat together goat cheese, sour cream, egg, sugar, honey, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Divide evenly across 6 cupcake liners, reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees, and bake for 18 minutes. Let cool and room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- To make compote, combine berries, sugar, and lemon zest in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until berries begin to burst. Stir together corn starch with 1 tsp water in a small bowl and stir into berry mixture. Cook for 1 minute and then chill compote completely before serving.
- Tip: Both the cheesecakes and compote can be made up to 3 days ahead. Wait to top the cheesecakes until just before serving. This recipe is easily doubled for a party too!
Tip: Both the cheesecakes and compote can be made up to 3 days ahead. Wait to top the cheesecakes until just before serving. This recipe is easily doubled for a party too!