Mexican Street Corn Salad with imported Parmesan
Lightly charred grilled corn and juicy red bell peppers are tossed in a creamy chili-lime dressing in this fun summer twist on a Mexican street food classic. A hefty dusting of imported Parmesan is both on top and tossed into the salad for a rich, nutty finish.
- 8 ears corn on the cob husked
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 4 scallions chopped
- 3 TB mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated imported Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved imported Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat and cook corn for 2-3 minutes per side or until tender and lightly charred. Let cool and use a knife to remove corn from the cob. Toss together corn, bell peppers, scallion, mayonnaise, chili powder, lime juice, lime zest, salt, and grated Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl and garnish with shaved Parmesan and fresh cilantro.
Swap in ancho or chipotle chili powder to give this dish some kick! You can also add black beans or diced tomato, avocado, or zucchini to this salad if you like.