Lobster Pasta with imported Fromager d’Affinois
Give your favorite Mac and Cheese a major upgrade with a generous helping of lobster plus the addition of smooth, buttery, imported Fromager d’Affinois. This soft, double cream cow's milk cheese has a bloomy rind similar to Brie. It’s made in the heart of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region from milk that’s gone through ultrafiltration and enriched with cream, which gives it its wonderfully rich and melty texture.
- 1 lb gemelli or your favorite pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 4 TB butter
- 1 minced shallot
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 1 ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch each cayenne pepper and nutmeg
- 12 oz imported Fromager d’Affinois rind removed, cut into chunks
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cooked lobster claw or meat in large chunks
- Fresh chives for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Whisk in flour and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened. Stir in salt, mustard, cayenne, and nutmeg. Off the heat stir in imported Fromager d’Affinois and Parmesan until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and lobster meat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with chives.