Lemony Pasta Salad with Asparagus, Peas, & Ricotta Salata
Give your pasta salad a bright and fresh update with this amazing flavor combo! Tender asparagus, baby peas, and mint pair deliciously with the milky, nutty taste of imported Ricotta Salata. This sheep’s milk cheese from Italy is perfect for crumbling or shaving into salads of all kinds.
- 1 lb rotini or other pasta
- 1 lb asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 1” pieces
- 10 oz bag frozen baby peas
- 8 oz imported Ricotta Salata crumbled or shaved
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 shallots minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped mint additional for garnish
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions. Add asparagus and peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Whisk together lemon juice, zest, shallot, olive oil, mint, salt, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Fold in Ricotta Salata, reserving some for garnish.