Lasagnetta of Asparagus and Leeks with Sharp Provolone
This creamy vegetable lasagna gets a burst of flavor from the salty, sharp Imported Provolone. An easy weeknight meal.
- 1 Half-moon segment of Imported Sharp Provolone grated
- 1 box of of oven-ready lasagna pasta sheets
- 1 handful of asparagus
- 1 leek
- 2 oz of butter
- 6 oz of jarred béchamel or white sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Peel the asparagus lightly along the stem using a vegetable peeler and, bending it between the fingers, break it off at the point where the stem is hardest (it breaks on its own at that point). Cut up the stems into small disks and leave the tops whole.
- Meanwhile saute the thinly sliced leek in a saucepan with the butter, add a little water in order to keep the temperature down and make them creamy, and then add salt and pepper.
- Parboil the asparagus disks in boiling water for one minute, strain them and add them to the leeks. In the same water now parboil the asparagus tops.
- In a buttered casserole dish, alternate the layers of the pasta sheets with the leek, the grated Provolone, the asparagus and a little of the béchamel sauce. Finish off with a generous sprinkling of grated Provolone and bake in the oven for 25 minutes approx. Leave to rest for 10 minutes and serve.