Heirloom tomato tart w/ Asiago Cheese
Sweet seasonal tomatoes are topped with creamy and nutty Imported Asiago cheese in a buttery crust. Enjoy this delicious tart up with a side salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- Flour for rolling
- 1.5 lbs heirloom tomatoes ¼” slices
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 6 oz Imported Asiago Cheese shredded
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- S&P to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll dough across floured surface to about 14-inches rectangle and 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer parchment to a baking tray. With a knife, score all around the edges, leaving a 1” border. Prick center with a fork. Sprinkle with 3oz of Imported Asiago, leaving 1” border. Refrigerate while preparing the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, gently toss sliced tomatoes and garlic with 1 teaspoon salt. Let sit for 10 minutes before straining out excess liquid and transferring to paper towel-lined plate. Place tomato mixture on top of the cheese layer, leaving border. Brush border with egg.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, rotating once or twice to ensure even, golden browning.
- Sprinkle galette with remaining Imported Asiago cheese, lemon zest and chives, plus pepper to taste. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.