Grilled Halloumi with Watermelon and Jalapeño Relish
Imported Halloumi Cheese originated in Cyprus. I'd a semi soft cheese that's also referred to as 'squeaky'. Its perfect for grilling. the fresh flavors of the watermelon and spicy jalapeño are the perfect complement to the salty cheese.
- 2 cups finely chopped watermelon
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for brushing grill grates
- 1 8-ounce imported halloumi block, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Toss watermelon, red onion, jalapeño, mint, vinegar and lime juice together in large bowl
- until coated. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for topping cheese.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil. Grill cheese slices for 2
- minutes per side, until light golden-brown.
- Top cheese slices with watermelon relish. Garnish with mint and enjoy.
Tip: Alternatively, bake cheese in a preheated 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes until light