Grilled Eggplant, Asiago & Gorgonzola Pizza
Imported Gorgonzola and Asiago bring big, bold Italian flavors to this veggie pizza. It’s Delizioso!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small eggplant (about 12 oz) sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 11 oz package refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tbs crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Imported Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 cup Imported Asiago cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or basil
- Drizzle 2 tbsps olive over both sides of eggplant slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill eggplant 6 minutes, turning once, until slightly charred. Remove and set aside.
- Unroll pizza crust and arrange on lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush remaining tablespoon oil over top of crust. Place baking sheet on grill. Cook covered over medium heat about 6 minutes or until bottom of crust is beginning to brown. When it is nicely browned on the bottom, use tongs or a spatula to flip crust.
- Spread sauce evenly over crust; arrange eggplant pieces and tomatoes over sauce. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and cheeses.
- Place baking sheet on grill. Cook covered 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with oregano or basil.