Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries, imported Stilton, and Tarragon Vinaigrette
This substantial summer salad is perfect for picnics, parties, or an easy weeknight supper! Crumbled imported Stilton cheese pairs deliciously with sweet juicy strawberries and toasted pecans to add an elegant edge.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp peper
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1 small head radicchio thinly sliced
- 1 lbs strawberries hulled and halved
- 1 cup imported Stilton cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Toss chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Let rest for a few minutes and slice into chunks.
- Whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Combine arugula, radicchio, and strawberries in a large bowl. Top with chicken and drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with imported Stilton, pecans, and additional tarragon and enjoy!
Salad and vinaigrette may be made up to 1 day ahead but be sure to add dressing just before serving.