Gouda Dutch Baby
Dutch Baby or German pancake is a light and puffy treat. We fill ours with Imported Dutch Gouda and then add more on top, right out of the oven, so it's warm and melty.
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter cut into four pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 5 oz Imported Aged Gouda shaved or crumbled, divided (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chives minced (reserve 1 Tbsp for garnish)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced (reserve 1 Tbsp for garnish)
- Blend the eggs with the milk, salt, pepper, and flour with an immersion blender or in a blender. Add HALF of the gouda, and the herbs (reserving some for garnish) and whisk until combined.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F and and place a 12-inch oven-proof skillet in the oven. Add the butter to the hot pan in the oven and let it cook until hot, bubbling, and just beginning to brown (this will take less than a minute). Swirl the butter in the pan so it completely coats the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and bake for about 25 mins, until puffed, golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot topped with the remaining Gouda and herbs.