Garlic & Cheddar Monkey Bread Muffins
Salty ham, sweet, mild Imported Cheddar and buttery dough are so delicious in these fun and easy muffins. Serve as a dinner or breakfast side.
- cooking spray
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits 8 to a package
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced (or microplaned)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped ham optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated mild Imported Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Lightly spray 12 cups in a muffin pan with cooking spray, and set the pan aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the pan (POP!), and chop each biscuit into 6 pieces.
- In a shallow dish, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chopped ham, parsley and Imported Cheddar. Set aside.
- Take each biscuit piece, and roll it lightly in the butter mixture. Add each biscuit piece to the large bowl with the ham, parsley and cheese.
- Once all biscuit pieces are coated in the butter mixture and ham mixture, divide the mixture between 12 muffin cups, lightly pressing them into each cup.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until golden brown on top and done in the middle (use a toothpick to test the centers).
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before sliding them out of the pan and serving warm.