Emmentaler Bread Pudding with Mushrooms
Melted, nutty Imported Emmentaler and earthy mushrooms are warm and comforting. Serve with a light side salad.
- 8 oz day old brown bread cubed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 10 oz mixed mushrooms cut into small pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 7 oz Imported Emmentaler AOP finely grated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat over to 350.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl, drizzle with white wine and set aside.
- Place oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place the bread and mushroom mixture in a greased casserole dish. Whisk together the milk, eggs, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Pour eggs over bread and mushrooms.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and edges of bread are slightly browned.
- Serves 4