Danish Havarti and Leek Tart
Creamy Imported Danish Havarti adds the perfect creamy mild taste with this easy delicious tart, accented with leeks and salty Prosciutto.
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large leek sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas thawed if frozen
- 1 cup shredded Danish Havarti plus more shaved for serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces prosciutto crisped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly dust work surface with flour and roll pastry out to 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to 9” tart pan and press into place. Use knife to cut away any excess pastry at edges. Transfer to refrigerator to chill. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leek rounds and cook 2 minutes. Flip leeks and cook for additional 2 minutes. Whisk together cream and egg in medium bowl. Stir in spinach, peas, Havarti and thyme. Place tart pan onto baking sheet. Add leeks to chilled pastry crust and pour cream mixture over, making sure to distribute filling evenly. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake tart 30 minutes, until crust is golden and filling is cooked through. Transfer tart to cooling rack. When cool enough to handle, push bottom of pan up through the sides and slide tart out of pan to serve. Top with shaved Havarti, fresh thyme and crispy prosciutto.