Camembert Crostini with Strawberries
Rich, creamy Imported Camembert dripping with honeyed strawberries and nuts on French bread. Brunch anyone?
- 12 slices baguette ¼” thick, cut on a diagonal
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small wheel Imported Camembert cheese, cut into slices
- 12 strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla, honey and lemon juice. Mix well, add strawberries and let sit.
- Lay bread slices on a sheet pan, brush top of each slice with olive oil. Toast until they just start to turn golden. Remove from oven. Top each with a slice of Camembert. Place back in oven until cheese is softened. Remove from oven and top each with a spoonful of honeyed strawberries. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve immediately.