Burrata with Balsamic Glazed Plums
If you’re a fan of fresh mozzarella you’re really going to fall in love with its rich, creamy-centered cousin Burrata! Wow your friends with our easy yet upscale appetizer that combines warm balsamic glazed plums spooned over luscious imported Burrata and spread on crusty bread. It’s a super-fun and delicious party-perfect dish!
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup high quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme additional for garnish
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- Pinch ground cloves
- 4 plums sliced 1/4” thick
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 medium-large imported Burrata
- Toasted baguette slices for serving
- Heat olive oil over low heat in a medium pan. Add shallot and salt and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, or until softened. Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, brown sugar, and cloves and increase heat to high to bring to a simmer. Add plums and stir to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until plums are softened and balsamic is reduced to a syrupy consistency. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper and serve warm spooned over imported Burrata with toasted bread slices and garnished with additional thyme.