Blooming Onion & Gouda Bread
Cheesy, gooey, pull-apart bread with melted Imported Gouda makes a quick and delicious party app.
- 1 loaf Sourdough bread
- 8-16 oz Imported Gouda cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Cut bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom. You want a checkerboard look.
- Insert cheese slices between cuts.
- Preheat sauce pan on low-medium heat. Add the butter, green onions, and poppy seeds. Once butter has melted completely, take sauce pan off heat.
- Transfer your bread loaf to a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with butter mixture. If needed move the green onions around to spread them out.
- Wrap the bread loosely with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Unwrap bread and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese has melted