Baked Wild Mushroom and Comte Gnocchi
Savory, earthy wild mushrooms and fruit, nutty Comte cheese make the most delicious, creamy and comforting dish. Perfect for #meatlessmondays.
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 shallot cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 5-ounce imported Comte block, rind removed
- 1 16-ounce package potato gnocchi
- 1 8-ounce container creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place mushrooms, shallots, garlic and oregano in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.Arrange the block of Comte in middle of baking dish. Bake, tossing vegetables halfway through until golden-brown and tender and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring to boil over high heat. Cook gnocchi according to packaged directions; drain. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water.Remove baking dish from oven. Stir in creme fraiche and reserved pasta water to combine. Add cooked gnocchi and toss to coat. Garnish with pine nuts, parsley and crushed red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy.