Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Gorgonzola Gremolata
These mashed sweet potatoes are dressed with sweet cranberries, crunchy pecans and tangy Imported Gorgonzola.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 clove garlic minced finely
- 3 tablespoons minced pecans
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 scallion minced
- 2 ounces gorgonzola crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place sweet potatoes on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Flip over and return to oven to bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- When cool enough to do so safely, peel sweet potatoes. Place in a medium skillet over low heat with butter, salt and maple syrup for 5 minutes, basting the potatoes with the butter mixture occasionally. Lightly smash the potatoes until there is an even consistency. Hold over low heat.
- In a small bowl, toss together parsley, lemon zest, garlic, pecans, cranberries and scallion. Gently fold in the gorgonzola.
- Move sweet potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cranberry blue cheese gremolata. Serve hot.