Arugula Salad with Bacon, Blue & Pears
Baked pears stuffed with Imported Blue cheese and Macadamia nuts then topped with bacon. This salad will be the star of the dinner table.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp honey, divided
- 2 firm ripe pears, halved lengthwise, cored
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup Imported Blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Place on paper towel to absorb excess grease; crumble and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and 1 teaspoon honey. Brush the mixture over the cut sides of the pears, sprinkle with salt. Place the pears cut sides up on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until just tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- While pears are baking, mix 1/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts, raisins, blue cheese, thyme and 1 teaspoon honey in a small bowl; set aside.
- Remove the pears from the oven; spoon the stuffing evenly on top of the pears. Bake on the upper oven rack until the cheese starts to soften, approximately 3 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly. Remove from oven; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil until incorporated.
- Place the arugula in a medium size bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- To serve, place the arugula on 4 plates; top with a stuffed pear half and sprinkle with bacon and remaining toasted macadamia nuts.