Apple Harvest Bites with imported Blue Cheese, Walnuts, & Pomegranate
Celebrate the flavors of fall in these bright, beautiful party apps! Crisp juicy apples are topped with a deliciously savory, creamy spread featuring imported Blue Cheese paired with toasted walnuts and pretty garnishes. The perfect way to enjoy your apple picking haul too!
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup crumbled imported Blue Cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 TB chopped toasted walnuts additional for garnish
- 2 TB minced shallot
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 TB pomegranate seeds
- Chopped chives and black pepper for garnish
- 4 small Honeycrisp or Granny Smith Apples sliced 1/4” thick into 16 slices, seeds removed
- In a small bowl, mix together cheeses, celery, walnuts, shallots, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange apple slices on platter and top each with ~1TB cheese mixture. Garnish with additional walnuts, pomegranate seeds, chives, and black pepper.
- Tip: If you’ll be making these ahead for a party, brush the tops of your apple slices with a bit of lemon juice to avoid browning.