Apple and Stilton Tart
Sweet apples and delicately tangy Stilton Blue cheese are wrapped in a delicious, buttery puff pasty. Surprisingly easy, make a batch on Sunday to have all week long.
- 1 honeycrisp apple cored, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 8 ounces imported Stilton crumbed
- 8 whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss apples, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until coated.On a lightly floured work surface, cut puff pastry sheets into 4 squares each. Transfer squares to prepared baking sheet. Cut a 4-inch “V” shaped slit a 1/2-inch from the edge of each corner of each square. Brush corners of squares with beaten egg. Place an apple round in the center of each square. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of Stilton in the center of each apple. Fold corners of squares towards the center of square and press together to seal. Top the center of each square with an almond.Bake until golden-brown and apples are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.