Angel Hair Pasta Primavera with Gouda
Imported Gouda cheese adds sharp, nutty flavor to this light pasta dish with fresh garden veggies.
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 12 large basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 cup Imported Gouda cheese shaved
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile julienne (cut into thin strips) the carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, and red onion. In a large pot heat olive oil and cook the julienned vegetables over medium-low until tender. Add garlic and cherry tomatoes and cook just until the tomatoes begin to soften. Mix in the Italian herbs.
- Once the pasta is finished toss with the vegetables and reserved liquid. Add basil leaves, salt and pepper. Top with shaved Imported Gouda cheese.